Call For Papers
8 May 2015: Deadline for paper submission
14 May 2015 (24:00 PST): Extended deadline for paper submission
21 May 2015 (24:00 PST): Final deadline for paper submission
12 June 2015: Notification of acceptance
19 June 2015: Notification of acceptance
19 June 2015: Camera-ready paper
26 June 2015: Camera-ready paper
11-13 September 2015: Conference
This conference brings together two established interdisciplinary conferences:
The International Symposium on Facial Analysis and Animation (FAA)
The International Conference on Auditory-Visual Speech Processing (AVSP)
Both conferences have a common focus on facial communication research. FAA focuses on facial animation analysis and synthesis addressed in the fields of computer graphics, computer vision and psychology. AVSP focuses on how auditory and visual speech information plays a role in human perception, machine recognition, and human-machine interaction.
The two conferences attract researchers from diverse fields, such as speech processing, computer graphics and computer vision, psychology, neuroscience, linguistics, robotics and electrical engineering.
The aim of this first joint conference is to bring together, from both academia and industry, the two communities of facial animation (FAA) and audiovisual speech (AVSP) to discuss research and exchange ideas, data and experiences.
Submission of papers are invited in all areas of facial animation and auditory-visual speech processing including but not limited to:
- Acquisition of Facial Shape, Motion and Texture
- Facial animation and rendering techniques
- Facial Model Based Coding and Compression
- Facial Analysis and Animation for Mobile Applications
- Embodied Virtual Agents
- Visual and Audiovisual Speech Synthesis
- Human and machine recognition of audio-visual speech
- Human and machine models of multimodal integration
- Multimodal and perceptual processing of facial animation and audiovisual events
- Cross-linguistic studies of audio-visual speech processing
- Developmental studies of audio-visual speech processing
- Audio-visual prosody
- Emotion and Expressivity modeling
- Gestures accompanying speech and non-linguistic behavior
- Neuropsychology and neurophysiology of audio-visual speech processing
- Scene analysis using audio and visual speech information
- Data collection and corpora for audio-visual speech processing
The conference will be held in Vienna, Austria, 11.-13. September 2015. The session on September 11 will be devoted to FAA topics and those on September 12-13 to AVSP topics. The keynotes will present topics relevant to both communities.
Two types of submission are possible: Abstracts (1 pages) for FAA and AVSP topics, and full papers (4 to 6 pages) for AVSP topics. Full papers will be published in the ISCA archive.
The conference is a satellite event of this years INTERSPEECH conference in Dresden